"There's no place like home. . . there's no place like home. . . there's no place like home." Home for The Belt Team is Vienna, Virginia. Please stop by frequently and share with us all the things about life in Vienna that make Vienna truly the best place to live.



Welcome to Vienna, Virginia

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Dog's Life

There used to be a tourism campaign in Virginia that had the slogan "Virginia Is For Lovers". Well, if Vienna had a slogan, maybe it would be "Vienna Is For Dogs". Ok, wait - let's re-think that!

At any rate, Vienna is a great place for dogs (and their owners) to live. So this week we have a guest blogger named Casey. Hope you enjoy seeing Vienna from Casey's point of view!


____________________________________________

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DOG IN VIENNA, VIRGINIA

Hi! My name is Casey. I'm an 8 1/2 year old spaniel mix (basically a mutt). I've got a pretty sweet life, living in the heart of Vienna with my Mom. There's so much great stuff to do here! I thought I'd give you a peek into a day in my life:

9AM - Mom and I like to sleep in on the weekends, so we had a nice lazy morning. Got up and went for a walk around the block.

11AM - WooHoo! Mom just grabbed her car keys and my leash......does this mean we're going to the park? Huh? Huh? Can we Mom please???

11:04AM - Are we there yet?? Are we there yet?? Can't wait!!



11:05AM - Yippee! I love the Vienna Dog Park - it's an awesome spot to run and play, and make some new friends. As we're here today, more and more dogs show up. This is definitely the place to see and be seen if you're a Vienna dog!



Love hanging out with the big dogs and the little ones. And they even have a great water station for us to take a breather if we get tired out from all the running around.



Personally, I'm not a fan of the things to climb on, but some of the other dogs definitely enjoy them!

12PM - Guess I got a little dirty rolling around at the dog park. Plus I've got some other dogs' slobber on me. Time to hit the Vienna Pet Spaw!



I love coming here - it's like Cheers - where everyone knows your name. The owners always remember who I am when I stop by! You can tell they really love dogs. One of the owners, Carol, mentioned that she grew up in Vienna, and instead of babysitting she would pet-sit for neighborhood families instead. She owns the Spaw with her brother, Brian.



Even though I'm a little reluctant to get a "pawdicure", Carol is super gentle and manages to get all my nails trimmed and it didn't hurt a bit!

Mom gave me a bath - can't say I'm a huge fan of that either, but I do smell really good now! I like trying to lick the water when she's hosing me down to wash out the shampoo. The first time I came here, it was actually free, since I was a shelter dog. I'm like my Mom -I love free stuff!!



12:45PM- Time for a stroll along Church Street. Wow -it's such a gorgeous day outside! We wanted to grab lunch and sit outside at Sushi Yoshi, but too many other people had the same idea and all the outdoor tables were taken.

12:50 - Stopped at Great Harvest Bread Company - there are some really good smells coming from those open doors!



Mom stops in to grab a treat for me (and herself!). Not only do they sell super yummy bread (my Mom loves it), they also have dog treats! The owner sees me hanging around outside the door, and offers to bring me a bowl of water. What a great guy! As he said, "Dogs are people too!"


1:00 - Home to relax and have some lunch. And time for a nap.

1:30 - Ruff! Ruff! Ruff! For some reason I am compelled to bark like crazy whenever I see the mailman outside my door!

4:00 - Time to take my Mom for a walk.



Luckily, we live about a block and a half from the Washington & Old Dominion (W&OD) trail. There's great scenery, plenty of stuff to sniff along the route, and always new friends to meet along the way. I made several new friends out on the trail today.



4:45 - Home for nap #2

6:00 - Dinner

10:00 - One more walk before bedtime

11:00 - Bedtime. I'm pooped, but this sure was a fun day! Got to enjoy all that Vienna had to offer AND have some extra bonding time with my Mommy as a bonus. Next time maybe Mom will take me to Neilsen's Frozen Custard Store or Church Street Cellars!

No comments:

Post a Comment